Melissas Paperie

Monday, June 18, 2012

Butterfly sympathy

I made a couple of sympathy cards for my mom, who unfortunately needs them quite often.

I used the same design for each card, switching the colors and the impression plates that I used.

Photobucket

All the butterflies are from Beautiful Butterflies, and the sentiment for this one comes from Birds of a Feather. I used a side of the Linen/Canvas impression plate on the focal image. The inks useds are all the PTI greens, Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores.

Photobucket

This card uses purples and blues from PTI, and was impressed with the other side of the same impression plate. I think I like the design better with a mat.

Thanks for looking!
Melissa

4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!

Aimes said...

An occasion that's never easy to craft for, but your beautiful butterflies are stunning!
Hugs!
x

Joyce said...

Really great idea for sympathy cards. Those butterflies look so nice all lined up in different colors.

Susan said...

LOVE these! Sympathy cards are so difficult to make and these are gorgeous.