Melissas Paperie

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Birthday


Hello!

I want to share the card I made using techniques from this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Mondays video.

I chose to use a die to cut a frame and then mask accordingly. I used Vintage Cream ink to sponge around the edges.

Photobucket

The piano and sentiment come from Rhythm and Soul, and the background paper is Sweet Symphony.

Thanks for stopping by!
Melissa

"Happy Birthday" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Rhythm and Soul
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento), Vintage Cream, Walnut Stain (Ranger)
Paper: Kraft, Sweet Symphony
Other: Copic markers, Dark Chocolate Satin ribbon, foam tape

14 comments:

Kristii said...

Absolutely fabulous! What a great idea to use the Rhythm and Soul stamps and they are so perfect with the Sweet symphony papers!!!

Elena said...

amazing! I love your use of vintage cream instead of fresh snow for the sponging - so soft and pretty!

Unknown said...

I like the polka dots behind the music score, very pretty!

Sue Ann said...

FABULOUS~~ I love the neutrals and with the music BG and piano it makes me want to sing!!! Beautiful!!

LittleSurferGirl said...

Oh my goodness, Melissa. This is simply stunning! I love that you kept it all neutral. Perfect for the focal point and the technique. Gorgeous!

Joyce said...

This is such a beautiful card--so soft and relaxing. I love the piano with the musical paper.

Renee said...

I have to agree with the above commenter...
so soft and relaxing.
Truly beautiful!

Sara Mac said...

Love it! Perfect color combo and layout. Great masking job too.

Marlena M. said...

What a beauty! ;)

Marybeth said...

I love your card, everything about it. Cant wait to use this set.

Lisa Elton said...

Melissa this is very pretty, nice job with the challenge!

Gina said...

Melissa, I'm just now seeing this and...WOW! I love it!!! I love that you colored the keys on the piano - that really makes it "pop" as the focal point even more and literally makes me want to pull up a seat and play. This is stunning!!!!

IamDerby said...

I love this, so pretty

vio ~ said...

so very sweet.. I love your precious card as much as I love my music :)