Melissas Paperie

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I managed to emerge from my bed and create a card this morning!

My kids and I have been sick all week, so this weekend I'll be cleaning, disinfecting, doing laundry and restocking tissues!

I wanted to play along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps CASE competition before the time ran out. Check here for details and to see the entries.

I chose to CASE Belinda's lovely card. Here it is:



So pretty! I created a card that also had a label 14 cut-out and I also stamped a musical background behind the focal image.

Belinda case

The flower basket comes from WMS's Spring Baskets. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the dots. The cardstock is Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz and Stamper's Select. The velvet trim comes from American Craft. Everything was popped up with foam tape.

Thanks for looking!
Melissa

15 comments:

B said...

Absolutely stunning Melissa! Love your color choices and love the fun ric rak ribbon under your sentiment! Just lovely!

Clare said...

Love the red and turquoise! gorgeous card!

Monica K. said...

So pretty, Melissa! Love the colors!!

Alice said...

lovely take on Belinda's card! very pretty!!

Pauline said...

Beautiful and bright, a wonderful CASE card.

Bumblebee said...

This is a lovely card, the colours looks great!

Mara Campbell said...

beautiful card Melissa! So glad to hear you and your kids are feeling better. NO fun being sick!!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh! I do like this card. So bright and vibrant. Love the flowers and basket - and the texture too. Wonderful!

Karen B. said...

Doesn't sound like it was too much fun at your house! Love your card and its happy brightness! The embossed dots are cute and fun and add so much to the design.

Kelly S. said...

SUCH pretty colors together! Love the way the musical background is tucked in behind that beautiful bouquet!

Jen Adcock said...

ooh, love this card. So bright and cheery not to mention a darn clever CASE. The flowers look as if they could hop right off that card in all their glory for me to smell them. So pretty.

Laurie said...

This is gorgeous! I love the music in white on the background!

IamDerby said...

I love this, especially the colors!

Dana said...

The embossing is a great touch here. It really draws the eye in and your colored flowers are so spring-like!

Mariah said...

Love them! I will have to try this...I really like the birdcage idea!