Melissas Paperie

Monday, August 31, 2009

Wish Big!

Hi everyone!
Hope you had a great weekend! I made this fun card for my best friend's 30th birthday and I think it should get to her in time too!

I was inspired by Belinda's challenge and those this dress off which to base my card.


I definitely didn't use all the elements, but I like the black background with the vibrant colored flowers and the sash aka ribbon!



Anyone have any tips how to get rid of stray embossing powders...I used the embossing buddy thingy first over my paper, but still ended up with a few stragglers!

Have a great day!
Melissa

"Wish Big" (all product PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Star Prints, In Bloom
Ink: Versamark
Paper: True Black, Raspberry Fizz, Plum Pudding, Scarlet Jewel
Other: Raspberry Fizz satin ribbon, White embossing powder (Filigree), dimensionals

7 comments:

IamDerby said...

this is fabulous Melissa! I love it!

Savitri said...

Wow, love the card! Just stunning like that dress. Great job with the inspiration!!!

Maile Belles said...

Beautiful card!!! I use an tiny paint brush to get rid of the excess powder.

peggysue said...

See that woman with the paint brush has the idea, I just pick at them with my fingernail. :) Neat card, great job on the inspiration.

Mini Baker said...

amazing! love the dress that your design was based off of, absolutely beautiful!
-mini baker

B said...

Wow, love the fun flowers and the different colors!!! :) I usually use my finger to brush at some of the strays...

Aimes said...

OMG - this is gorgeous! Love the contrast against the black!
I have no tips with ep apart from painstaking removing every bit of stray ep with a fine paintbrush - takes AGES! LOL! Well I can't see any stragglers on your card here so I wouldn't worry anyways!
Hugs,
Aimes
x